Social Media Intern
6162 Productions is seeking a part-time Social Media Intern to help maintain its marketing efforts. Working directly with 6162’s leadership team, this position will have the opportunity to research and implement best-practices in the marketing and social media arena. S/he will be responsible for regular content creation and the management of our social media channels. In addition, the intern will be given the opportunity to conduct research and make recommendations to expand 6162’s marketing efforts.
This would be a great position for entry-level marketing students who are interested in learning how a micro business (less than 5 employees) is run. It’s an awesome mentorship opportunity and a great way to build a network of communications professionals.
This position will be primarily self-managed, as long as the tasks are completed on schedule. Virtual applicants are encouraged to apply; however, we prefer a candidate who is local to Seattle so periodic in-person meetings can take place with our leadership team. Expected hours can fluctuate, so someone with a flexible schedule (ie, a student) would thrive in this position.
- Assist in the maintenance of 6162’s social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Engage with our current followers across social media platforms: like, share, comment and respond to comments. Frequency: daily
- Seek out new followers for our social media channels by searching relevant hashtags, liking, and following relevant profile results. Frequency: 2-3 times per week.
- Manage social media calendar (ContentCal) and ensure posts are deployed according to schedule
- Source new material for social media queue, including shares and original content
- Draft initial social media posts
- Help draft longer content and graphics, includi ng videos, to be used in sales funnel and drip campaigns
- Assist with the analysis and collection of analytical data for all social media, CRM, and website, including Google AdWords
- Assist with the distribution and curation of 6162’s library of video conten t across channels, including Vimeo and YouTube.
- Create sizzles and splash videos using 6162’s video content
- Keen interest in learning about social media marketing in a small business
- Self - motivated individual: this is largely a work-from-home position. Denver or Seattle local preferred for periodic team meetings
- Passion for nonprofit and mission-driven organizations and helping them grow their messaging strategy
- Intermediate proficiency with Photoshop required; AfterEffects and Premiere preferred
- Knowledge of Square Space preferred
Compensation: Unpaid to start, with the option to become paid after a 6-month trial period.
To apply or ask questions, please email us at email@example.com